These changes were posted on April 7, 2014 and are effective immediately.
- Updates about the types of information that we collect. This section details the types of information we collect or otherwise may access or receive – including not only the information you directly provide, but also the information we may gather passively or receive from social-networking services, data aggregators, and other third parties.
- Updates about how we use this information. This section details how we may use all this information – including how this information may be combined with other information from multiple sources to customize your interactive experience and provide you with relevant advertising on our sites or elsewhere online.
- Updates about how we may share information. This section details the circumstances in which we may share information with others.
- Updated “do-not-track” policy. A new description of our current policy of not responding to so-called “do-not-track” browser signals, given the absence of an established standard for doing so. If and when a standard is established and accepted, General Mills may revisit this policy.
Key updates to the Legal Terms include:
- New provisions relating to any disputes you may have with General Mills, including any of its affiliated companies or brands (see Section 3 “Binding Arbitration”). These new provisions contain an agreement to resolve any and all disputes between you and General Mills through informal negotiations and, if these negotiations fail, through binding arbitration. All such arbitrations will be conducted on an individual basis; you may not arbitrate as a member of a class. You will not be permitted to bring claims in court (with the limited exception of small claims court in certain circumstances), or participate in any class action litigation.
- New provisions about you become bound by these Legal Terms, including the agreement to arbitrate described above, as well as how you may terminate your agreement to these Legal Terms (see Section 1 “Your Agreement to these Terms” and Section 2 “Duration of this Agreement; Your Right to Terminate”). Your use of any of our sites or services, or participation in any other General Mills offering, means that you are agreeing to these Legal Terms. You may terminate this agreement at time by notifying us by email of your intent to do so, but only if you also cease to participate in any of our offerings.