When it comes to breakfast, 9 times out of 10 I will lean towards something sweet as opposed to savory.
At least that was the case until I discovered the joys of avocado toast. Not only is it so good, but it fills me up for hours, unlike my muffins and cereal.
The great thing about avocado toast is that it’s not just for breakfast! It can be made for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
Today I have some more fun and easy ideas to jazz up your avocado toast.
Pesto and Fried Egg Avocado Toast
- Mash up your ripe avocado. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Toast your bread and slather it with that avocado mash. How much you use is completely up to you.
- Put a spoonful of pesto on top of the avocado mash.
- Fry the eggs. Heat a pan on medium-high to high heat, and then melt a pat of butter. Add the eggs and cover with a lid, steam the tops. Cook for about 3-4 minutes, until the whites are no longer opaque and they are more or less set on top.
- Top each slice of avocado and pesto slathered toast with a fried egg and that’s it!
Avocado Toast with Egg Salad, Bacon, and Arugla
Next up, we have a perfect lunch avocado toast. Key ingredients here are hardboiled eggs, mayo, dijon mustard, bacon, arugula, avocado, and toast.
- Bring water to a boil, add the eggs and boil for 10 minutes, and then submerge in ice bath. Peels come off perfectly every. single. time.
- Cook bacon in the oven. Have you tried this?! It makes clean up SO much easier (can you say: no grease splatters on the stove top?) and I think it cooks more evenly. But, make your bacon however your pork loving heart desires.
- Peel hard-boiled eggs and then combine with a tablespoon of mayo and a squirt of mustard.
- Add your favorites like onion, herbs, celery, lemon juice, hot sauce, etc. if you please.
- Toast your bread and mash up your avocado. Slather up your toast with that avocado mash.
- Top with a little bit of arugula.
- Lay one slice of bacon on top of the arugula, and then a big dollop of egg salad.
Caprese Avocado Toast
The last avocado toast combo today is one with my absolute favorite ingredients of summer: basil, mozzarella, and tomato. Oh caprese, how I love you so.
- Toast your bread, slather on your avocado mash, and top with basil, mozzarella, and tomato.
- I like to put them on in that order so the basil stays put, and the cheese is sandwiched between the bread and tomato.
- Finish it off with a sprinkling of sea salt and you are on your way to Caprese Avocado Toast heaven.