Take easy dinner to the next level by learning the tips and tricks of how to bake salmon in the oven.
Salmon is one of the most popular varieties of fish in the United States – and with good reason. It’s easy to prepare and can be used to make a variety of tasty dishes. Salmon is frequently served as a main dish, and it makes for an awesome extra ingredient in soups, salads or appetizers.
VARIETIES OF SALMON
Fact: there are a few different types of salmon; king salmon, sockeye salmon, and probably the most common – pink salmon.
Salmon is a great healthy protein dinner choice because it’s full of Omega-3 fatty acids that can help with cardiovascular and mental health. Why is this important to making salmon in the oven? Well, let’s just say… The more you know.
OK – let’s dive into baking!
BAKING IN THE OVEN
Again, baking salmon in the oven is one if the easiest recipes you’ll come by. It really comes down to knowing how long to bake
What You Need:
What to Do:
- 9” x 9” or 9” x 13” pan
- 1 or 2 thawed or fresh salmon fillets
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Rinse salmon fillet in cool water and pat dry with paper towel
- Place on foil-lined pan
- Bake the salmon for 15 to 30 minutes, or until flesh flakes easily with a fork
TIP: If you purchased a frozen salmon fillet, let it thaw overnight in your refrigerator. Although you can bake frozen salmon, you might overcook the outside while cooking the middle to the right doneness. If you don’t have time to let the frozen fish to thaw out overnight, use a cool water bath or microwave to defrost the fish before baking.
GREAT BAKED VARIATIONS
If you're yearning for something beyond basic baked salmon, check out these great Tablespoon recipes:
- Asian Salmon – This recipe uses toasted sesame seeds and a teriyaki sauce to create an Asian inspired dish.
- Lemon and Parmesan Crusted Salmon – This salmon recipe has a delicious crust made with lemon, Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs – something straight out of a high end restaurant.
WANT TO GRILL INSTEAD?
No problem, we've got you covered!
LOOKING FOR ANOTHER EASY WAY TO MAKE SALMON? LEARN HOW HERE:
Be sure to log in and post your favorite salmon recipe – whether it’s a simple main dish or something a bit more complex!