Happy hour dilemma: What do you do when half of your friends like sweets and the other half are die-hard savory foodies?
Give ‘em the best of both worlds! Here’s the solution: Two easy appetizers that come together in minutes.
Chocolate Dipped Potato Chips
The best way to melt chocolate is to use a double boiler. Don’t have one? No worries – its easy to DIY it with a saucepan and a heat-safe bowl.
- Use chocolate chips or chop up some baking chocolate
- Bring an inch or two of water to a boil in a medium saucepan, then reduce to a simmer
- Set your bowl on top of the saucepan and add the chocolate to the bowl, stirring constantly until the chocolate melts
- Make sure the water isn’t touching the bottom of the bowl
- Once it melts, dip each potato chip halfway into the chocolate, gently shaking off any excess
- Let the chips cool on a piece of waxed paper until the chocolate hardens
- If you’re in a hurry (no judging), put them in the freezer on a baking sheet for 8-10 minutes to set the chocolate even faster
Buffalo Chicken Waffle Fry Crostini
This may literally be the most perfect appetizer of all time. All you need is a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken, buffalo sauce, frozen waffle fries and blue cheese.
- Pop the fries in the oven on a baking sheet
- Cook them according to the directions on the package
- While the fries are cooking, shred up your rotisserie chicken into bite-size pieces and put in bowl
- Dump in some buffalo sauce and stir it around until your chicken is nice and coated
- Once your fries are done, top them with the chicken
- Add some blue cheese crumbles to the top and DONE….thank us later!