Love pumpkin? Then this little tip for adding spiced pumpkin flavor to nearly anything edible will bowl you over!
Pumpkin pie is so much more than a love for me. It’s a devotion. It’s a passion. It’s an addiction. I just can’t get enough. If I could live inside one and eat my way out, I might just do it.
So for me, Pumpkin Pie Goo
is a heavenly concoction of pumpkin puree and spices. (The spices will seem strong when eaten plain – but they work great when mixed in stuff.)
Use that goo in everything from milkshakes to sandwiches to turn plain ol' food into autumn splendor. All it takes is 10 minutes or less to make da goo out of these simple ingredients:
It’ll be the best time you’ve spent lately.
How to Use Pumpkin Pie Goo
- Milkshake: Combine 1 cup vanilla ice cream, ¼ cup milk and a couple of tablespoons of pumpkin goo in a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into a glass and top with whipped. Enjoy.
- Oatmeal: Make your favorite oatmeal (steel cut or rolled both work). Swirl in a tablespoon or two of pumpkin goo.
- Ice Cream: Warm 1-2 tablespoons of pumpkin goo in the microwave. Stir and drizzle over ice cream. Top with caramel, too, if you want!
- Cookie Filling: Forget jelly in your thumbprint cookies! Instead, spoon a little pumpkin goo into the center of each and bake as usual.
- Sandwich Spread: Toast two slices of bread. Spread one slice with peanut butter and the other slice with pumpkin goo. Autumn lunch!
- Cupcakes: Fill cupcake cup 1/3 full with cake batter. Add 1 Tbsp pumpkin goo to middle. Add more cake batter to cover goo (to about 2/3 full total). Bake.
More Fun with Pumpkin Sarah W. Caron (aka scaron) is a food writer, editor and blogger who writes about home cooking and raising a healthy family at Sarah’s Cucina Bella.
What other recipes could we use this pumpkin goo in?