Thanksgiving is only 10 days away – are you prepared for it?
Pop quiz, hot shot: You've got 10 days left til Turkey Day and no plans made. What do you do? Get all lazy and have Thanksgiving catered, or check out this awesome infographic to help you plan your last-minute meal? We think the answer is pretty obvi.First things first: The menu
What would T-day be without food? Super, duper lame – that's what. Here are ten featured Thanksgiving faves to accompany your turkey:
LeftoversSecuring the goods
Prepping leading up to T-day
- Secure non-perishable items now, before the hoards of last-minute planners (ahem) clean out store shelves and force you to serve canned ham at your dinner.
- Make a list of everything you need - this includes little things like spices and condiments.
- Do an inventory of your kitchenware to be sure you have all the equipment you need.
- Make sure you have enough table settings for all of your guests, and consider going the easy route with paper plates and plastic silverware.
- Pick up tablecloths, decorations, beverages, ice and napkins.
- Head to the store to get the last of your ingredients – mostly fresh produce at this point.
- A day or two ahead of time, make pie crust, stock, potatoes, marinades, stuffing and cranberries.
- Set out the tables and chairs, get place settings down and arrange centerpieces.
- Prep a buffet-style table so everyone can serve themselves. Reserve separate places for dinner, desserts and beverages.
- Make a playlist of dinner tunes.
Enjoy the day and give thanks that you made it through!