When the mid-afternoon munchies strike, these three easy snacks tame the rumble and pack a protein punch!
Peanut Butter Banana Sandwiches
These little bites have a big taste – and lots of nutrients to get you through the rest of your day!
- Slice up a banana and glop some peanut butter (or almond butter, or Nutella, swoon) between two slices to make a little banana sandwich.
- Repeat until all the slices are used.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours until firm.
- For a fun twist, roll each sammie in shredded coconut before freezing…or dip in dark chocolate after freezing.
Tired of your regular old smoothie? Go crazy today and serve this colorful smoothie in a bowl!
- Pick up some Cascadian Farm™ frozen fruit (we went with strawberries and raspberries) and combine in a blender with Yoplait® Greek vanilla yogurt and ice.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add to a bowl and top with chia seeds, LÄRABAR Renola™ and sliced banana.
- Serve with a spoon and a smile.
Tuna & Avocado on Crackers
Enjoy a little gourmet time at your desk!
- All you need is an avocado, a lemon, a package of tuna and Food Should Taste Good® Peppercorn Blend Brown Rice Crackers.
- Smash up the avocado in a bowl.
- Add just a squeeze of lemon.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Top the crackers with a dollop of the avocado and a bit of the tuna.