1. Heart health - Heart-healthy diets rich in whole grain foods can reduce the risk of heart disease.
2. Reduce cancer risk - Low fat diets rich in fiber-containing grain products, fruits and vegetables may reduce the risk of some types of cancer, particularly of the stomach and colon.
3. Manage diabetes - The American Diabetes Association recommends whole grain as part of a diabetic diet.
4. Keep you regular - Fiber from whole grains promotes regularity and keeps the intestines working smoothly to help
maintain good digestive health.
5. Weight management - A growing body of evidence supports that people who eat more whole grain tend to have healthier body weights and gain less weight over time than those who don’t.
For more information on the health benefits of whole grain, visit www.wholegrainnation.com.