No matter what the holiday, there is something magical about the smell of a ham baking in the kitchen!
There is a lot of talk on the internet these days on how to cut a ham, so this is a short "how to" on carving a spiral ham.
- Let the ham rest on the cutting board after roasting it.
- Place the ham so the cut side is facing up.
- Guide your carving knife along the muscle lines, or the fat around the bone.
- The top and bottom pieces will fall away from the bone, but the smallest section will remain attached to the bone until you cut it away.
- Cut these three sections into equal slices. If your ham comes pre sliced, you won't need this step.
- Plate up your spiral ham, and serve to a hungry family!
If you don't eat all of your spiral cut ham, we have plenty of easy ham recipes to deal with the leftovers!