More About This Recipe
Wing-It Wednesday features super simp recipes for weeknight, work-night eats. No take out. No delivery. No drive-thru. Quick yums right at home between your day job and evening fun.
Dinner's All Wrapped Up with Easy Foil Packet Recipes!
Busy families know that fast, easy and flavorful are the keys to a successful dinner that everyone loves. Who cares if it’s intricate or complicated? Simple, good food makes a great impression (and makes everyone happy).
That’s one of the things I love about cooking in foil packets. It’s simple, easy and makes for delicious, juicy dinners. Not sure about foil packet cooking? You have to try it. Here’s why:
Top 5 Reasons to Cook in Foil Packets
5. It’s easy: You wrap everything together and then it’s time to cook. Could it be any easier?
4. Single-serve portions: It’s so simple to serve when all you need to do is hand out a packet to each person.
3. It’s fast: There’s no need to make several dishes, since the veggies and protein are all together in the packet.
2. Big flavor: The flavors of the meal really have a chance to mix and meld together.
And the #1 reason for cooking foil packet dinners?
1. Easy clean up! Forget messy pans! The whole thing is self-contained.
My current favorite foil packet dinner is Easy Spinach and Tomato Turkey Packets.
Sweet tomatoes (I use Muir Glen’s 2011 Reserve tomatoes, but any Muir Glen tomatoes will be great in this) and spinach bake together with turkey cutlets for a fab and easy dinner.
More Foil Packet Recipes:
Grilled or baked, these are E-Z dinners!
Pineapple Chicken Kabob Packets
Sweet and Sour Chicken Packets Recipe
Tilapia with Green Salsa in Foil Recipe
Seasoned Burger and Potato Packets Recipe
Even dessert! Chocolate Banana Melts Recipe
Sarah W. Caron (aka scaron) is a food writer, editor and blogger who writes about family-friendly foods and raising a healthy family at Sarah’s Cucina Bella.